Placements for the Summer 2021 cohort include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consumer and Environmental Protection Agency - Vector Control District
- Office of the County Executive - Office of LGBTQ Affairs
- Office of the County Executive - Privacy Office
- Office of the District Attorney - Victim Services Unit
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center - Business Development and Managed Care Contracting
If you have an interest other than the placements listed, please include it in the Student Application and/or the Personal Statement. A full list of the agencies and departments in the County of Santa Clara is available here.
Office of the County Executive (CEO) - Office of LGBTQ Affairs
- Conduct a literature review and general research on topics related to Transgender Recruitment and Retention:
- The negative impacts of transgender youth harassment and bullying in gaining meaningful education and employment.
- Transgender employees experiencing gender-based discrimination.
- The impact of community organizations on transgender equity.
- Other topics that support the mission of the Office of LGBTQ Affairs and the County
For more information about the Office of LGBTQ Affairs, visit their webpage.